This salad is my mother’s favorite. She usually serves it with one of her rice dishes. The fresh mint leaves add great flavor.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomato, onion, feta
- cheese and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients;
- shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 servings.