This salad is my mother’s favorite. She usually serves it with one of her rice dishes. The fresh mint leaves add great flavor.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomato, onion, feta cheese and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Greek Salad in Country Extra January 2008, p49
Reviews for Greek Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2014
"This was the best Greek salad I ever had."