Greek Salad with Orzo
"This salad was created in summer when my tomato garden was more bountiful than ever," says Kelly Skahan from Springfield, Missouri. "It's a snap to prepare and simply sensational."
4-5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans, cooked
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 5
- minutes. Add beans; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until orzo and beans
- are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, lemon juice
- and peel. Drain orzo and beans; rinse in cold water. Stir into
- tomato mixture. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Chill
- until serving. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 311 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.