"This salad was created in summer when my tomato garden was more bountiful than ever," says Kelly Skahan from Springfield, Missouri. "It's a snap to prepare and simply sensational."
- 4 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans, cooked
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 5 minutes. Add beans; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until orzo and beans are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, lemon juice and peel. Drain orzo and beans; rinse in cold water. Stir into tomato mixture. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Greek Orzo Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p22
Reviews for Greek Salad with Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2011
"I thought this was really good. I needed to add some salt, pepper and a little extra dressing."
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2011
"No good where is the greek style come on"