"This salad was created in summer when my tomato garden was more bountiful than ever," says Kelly Skahan from Springfield, Missouri. "It's a snap to prepare and simply sensational."
- 4 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans, cooked
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 5 minutes. Add beans; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until orzo and beans are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, lemon juice and peel. Drain orzo and beans; rinse in cold water. Stir into tomato mixture. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Greek Orzo Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p22
Reviews for Greek Salad with Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2011
"I thought this was really good. I needed to add some salt, pepper and a little extra dressing."
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2011
"No good where is the greek style come on"