I love salads and Greek food so decided to create a Greek salad. I based my recipe on a salad from one of my favorite restaurants. My husband and kids were the taste-testers, and now this is one of my most-requested dishes for family get-togethers and holidays.—Patti Leake, Columbia, Missouri
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet orange or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pepperoncini, drained
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven salad ingredients. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Top with pepperoncini and olives. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Greek Salad with Lemon Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Greek Salad with Lemon Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review