Greek Salad with Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 1-1/4 cups cubed Swiss or crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Salt to taste
- Lettuce leaves or pita bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cucumbers, cheese, olives and parsley. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic, oregano, lemon peel and salt. Pour over chicken mixture; toss lightly until coated. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves or in pita bread. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 413 calories, 33g fat (8g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Greek Salad with Chicken
"I love chicken salad but have a difficult time loving most recipes. I have now found one that I love, love, love!! I made this for a tasting party and it was huge hit. I mistakenly added tomatoes too-and will do again. Wonderful recipe!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.