Greek Salad with Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 1-1/4 cups cubed Swiss or crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Salt to taste
- Lettuce leaves or pita bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cucumbers, cheese, olives and parsley. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic, oregano, lemon peel and salt. Pour over chicken mixture; toss lightly until coated. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves or in pita bread. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 413 calories, 33 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.