- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced green olives with pimientos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons sliced Greek olives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, cheese, artichokes, olives and oregano.
- Spread bean mixture into pita halves; add salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek Salad Pitas in Country Woman October/November 2010, p41
Reviews for Greek Salad with Bean Spread Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >