Veggie lovers, here's a full-flavored recipe just for you! This hearty, meatless pita is stuffed with plenty of chopped vegetables and savory Greek accents. —Alexis W. Worchesky-Lasek, West Friendship , Maryland
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- 2/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 pita pocket halves
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, red pepper, tomato, zucchini, feta cheese and olives. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Spoon into lettuce-lined pita halves. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek Salad Pitas in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p57
Reviews for Greek Salad Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2013
"Fresh and crisp. Great summer recipe. Light."