This salad is my mother’s favorite. She usually serves it with one of her rice dishes. The fresh mint leaves add great flavor.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomato, onion, feta cheese and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Greek Salad in Country Extra January 2008, p49
Reviews for Greek Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2014
"This was the best Greek salad I ever had."