Greek Romaine Salad
Topped with crumbled feta cheese, the speedy salad features cucumber, red pepper and a lemony homemade dressing, this salad is tossed together quickly.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, red pepper and cucumber.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice,
- sugar, garlic salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese; toss gently. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 107 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.