Greek Rice Recipe
My husband is of Greek decent, so I'm always interested in Greek recipes. This dish goes together easily and cooks quickly, plus it costs less than packages rice mixes.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 198 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC