- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Greek Rice
"Wonderful basic recipe ... used 2 tbsp. lemon juice ... fresh garlic ... and 1/2 white wine ... left out the mint as I didn't have any ... and used a mixture of wild, whole grain and brown rice ... it was delicious will be making this again ..."
"We have a Greek restaurant near us and I love their lemony rice. I asked what was in it and they said basically the same things in this recipe. I want to try it again and add more lemon. I want to work with it but it's still a good side dish. I have mint growing all over my front yard so I just chopped it up and threw it in. It was fun and good!"
"I love Greek food and flavors and while this is good, I personally think itwould be much better if you substitute orzo for the rice. And add peas, which go perfectly with lemon and mint."