My husband is of Greek decent, so I'm always interested in Greek recipes. This dish goes together easily and cooks quickly, plus it costs less than packages rice mixes.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek Rice in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p246
Reviews for Greek Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review