Greek Rice Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups julienned cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved ripe olives
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- 1. Combine the rice, turkey, tomatoes and olives. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mint, vinegar and lemon-pepper. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free yogurt and without feta cheese) equals 1-1/2 starch, 1 meat; also, 174 calories, 258 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol, 25 gm carbohydrate, 11 gm protein, 3 gm fat.
Reviews for Greek Rice Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.