Greek Rice Salad
I love cooking. My husband even had to build another room especially for the cookbooks I collected! No matter how many salad recipes I try, this is still at the top of my list.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups julienned cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved ripe olives
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Combine the rice, turkey, tomatoes and olives. In a small bowl,
- combine the yogurt, mint, vinegar and lemon-pepper. Pour over rice
- mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free yogurt and without feta cheese) equals 1-1/2 starch, 1 meat; also, 174 calories, 258 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol, 25 gm carbohydrate, 11 gm protein, 3 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.