—Roberta Webster, Hampton, Florida
- 5 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, shredded
- Cherry tomatoes, halved, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, oil and 1/2 teaspoon oregano; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and remaining oregano. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, toss lettuce with the vinegar mixture; place on a serving platter. Top with potato salad. Garnish with cherry tomatoes if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Greek Potato Salad in Reminisce August/September 2006, p 48
Reviews for Greek Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review