Greek Pork Wraps Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, mustard, 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic and oregano; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, salt, dill and remaining garlic; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare the grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- 4. Grill tenderloin, uncovered, over direct medium-high for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place meat over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; place on grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until warmed. Slice tenderloin into strips; place on tortillas. Top each with 3 tablespoons yogurt sauce and 1 tablespoon green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 wraps) equals 402 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 milk.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.