Greek Pork Pockets Recipe
For a nutritious grab-and-go meal on busy summer days, Diane Hixon relies on these hefty handfuls for her family in Niceville, Florida. “They’re so easy to make,“ she says. “And my kids prefer them to peanut butter and jelly any day!“
- 1/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 pita pocket halves
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1. Place Caesar dressing in a small bowl; add pork and toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook and stir 7-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Fill pitas with pork, cucumber and onion; drizzle with cucumber dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Greek Pork Pockets
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2012
"I omitted the onion, cucumber, and ranch dressing and used a sauce called Tzatziki--Delicious!Tzatziki SaucePeel and deseed a cucumberFood process and finely chop cucumberUse a coffee filter to drain the liquid out of the cucumber1 to 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine with a pinch of kosher salt. Grind garlic down to a paste16oz sour cream½ freshly squeezed lemon2-teaspoon olive oilMix all ingredients together and season with salt to taste"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC