Greek Pork Pockets Recipe
For a nutritious grab-and-go meal on busy summer days, Diane Hixon relies on these hefty handfuls for her family in Niceville, Florida. “They’re so easy to make,“ she says. “And my kids prefer them to peanut butter and jelly any day!“
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 pita pocket halves
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1. Place Caesar dressing in a small bowl; add pork and toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook and stir 7-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Fill pitas with pork, cucumber and onion; drizzle with cucumber dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC