Greek Pizzas Recipe
- 2 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 4 tomato slices, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place pita breads on a baking sheet. Brush each with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn pitas over; brush with remaining oil. Broil 1-2 minutes longer.
- 2. In a microwave-safe dish, microwave spinach on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until wilted; drain well. Stir in onion and dill.
- 3. Top the pitas with tomatoes, spinach mixture and cheeses. Sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Bake at 450° for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
One pizza (prepared with reduced-fat feta cheese and 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella) equals 295 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Pizzas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.