"This is a lunch favorite with salad and fruit," notes Linda Lacek, Winter Park, Florida. Pita bread forms the quick crust for her petite pizzas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 4 tomato slices, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place pita breads on a baking sheet. Brush each with 1/4 teaspoon
- oil. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Turn pitas over; brush with remaining oil. Broil 1-2
- minutes longer.
- In a microwave-safe dish, microwave spinach on high for 1 to 1-1/2
- minutes or until wilted; drain well. Stir in onion and dill.
- Top the pitas with tomatoes, spinach mixture and cheeses. Sprinkle
- with oregano and pepper. Bake at 450° for 7-9 minutes or until
- cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One pizza (prepared with reduced-fat feta cheese and 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella) equals 295 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium,