Greek Pizzas Recipe
"This is a lunch favorite with salad and fruit," notes Linda Lacek, Winter Park, Florida. Pita bread forms the quick crust for her petite pizzas.
- 2 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 4 tomato slices, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place pita breads on a baking sheet. Brush each with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn pitas over; brush with remaining oil. Broil 1-2 minutes longer.
- 2. In a microwave-safe dish, microwave spinach on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until wilted; drain well. Stir in onion and dill.
- 3. Top the pitas with tomatoes, spinach mixture and cheeses. Sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Bake at 450° for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Greek Pizzas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC