I like to serve these when the gang's over for football gamesthey taste like gyros and the guys love them! You can prepare the meat and sauce ahead of time for added convenience.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/4 pounds lean boneless pork, thinly sliced
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, dill and seasoned
- salt; cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice,
- mustard, garlic, oregano and thyme; add pork. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, stir-fry pork for
- about 4 minutes or until juices run clear. Stuff into pita halves;
- top with cucumber sauce, tomato and onion. Yield: 6 servings.