Greek Pita Veggie Pizzas
Colorful, crunchy and packed with fresh veggies and flavor, these quick pizzas taste just like a Greek salad. Whole-wheat pitas were never more delicious!
—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with spaghetti
- sauce. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza equals 273 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.