Colorful, crunchy and packed with fresh veggies and flavor, these quick pizzas taste just like a Greek salad. Whole-wheat pitas were never more delicious! —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 6 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with spaghetti sauce. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greek Pita Pizzas in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p55
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Greek Pita Veggie Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review