Greek Pita Pizzas Recipe
Pita bread is the crust for these single-serving pizzas that get Mediterranean flair from olives, spinach and feta cheese. Breadsticks and a wedge of iceberg lettuce drizzled with salad dressing (pictured above right) make fine pizza partners. Or serve an appetizer of fresh vegetables with dip, then cap off the meal with lemon Italian ice.
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Brush pitas with 1 tablespoon oil. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the olives, vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, pepper and remaining oil. Spread over pitas; top with spinach, feta cheese, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Broil 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Greek Pita Pizzas
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2012
"Awesome! I added chopped chicken for a main dish meal."
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2010
"great flavor - easy to make"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC