Greek Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- 3/4 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Greek olives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1. Unfold puff pastry. Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry. Combine the remaining ingredients; spread over pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into twenty 1/2-in. slices.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Pinwheels
"Delicious. It needs the puff pastry. Do Not substitute!"
"OMW these are fabulous, so easy my husband made them and brought them into work....everyone loved them and 20 went way to fast....double this batch as they will want more."
"These turned out great, very tasty"
"I would make this again - except I would be very careful about which pastry dough to use. the pastry dough tasted like paper - was terrible; however, the actual spread itself tasted good so I would make this again and will re-rate if it comes out better."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer