Sweet sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and fresh basil are tossed with olive oil and pasta in this easy vegetarian dish. I like to make it in advance so the flavors have a chance to blend.Jennifer Mento, Boston, Massachusetts
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (6 ounces) pitted Greek olives, drained
- 3/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 3/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Additional grated Romano cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the olives, tomatoes, cheese, oil, capers,
- lime juice, pepper, pepper flakes and pepper sauce if desired; let
- stand for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add olive mixture and basil; toss
- to coat. Serve with additional cheese if desired.
- Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 205 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium,