Greek Pasta and Beef Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Drain macaroni and place in a large bowl. Stir in egg and cheese; set aside.
- 3. For sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and cinnamon until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese.
- 4. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, spread half of the macaroni mixture. Top with beef mixture and remaining macaroni mixture. Pour sauce over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Pasta and Beef
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.