- Drain macaroni and place in a large bowl. Stir in egg and cheese; set
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and
- cinnamon until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly
- thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture
- into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese.
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, spread half of the macaroni mixture.
- Top with beef mixture and remaining macaroni mixture. Pour sauce
- over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or
- until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.