Greek Pasta and Beef Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain macaroni and place in a large bowl. Stir in egg and cheese; set aside.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and cinnamon until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese.
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, spread half of the macaroni mixture. Top with beef mixture and remaining macaroni mixture. Pour sauce over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Greek Pasta and Beef
Sort By :
needed more tomato sauce
We did not like this recipe. I found the cinnamon and nutmeg to be a little aggressive.
I've been making this recipe for years. Everyone seems to love it. Since trying the original recipe I do one thing differently. I use a 15 oz can of tomato sauce and no water. I think that it gives it more flavor. Also sometimes I'll mix in some Romano cheese with the Parmesan
This dish sounded promising, but ended up being VERY bland. It was far too much work for too little flavor. Will not make again.
I made this as directed and both my husband and I liked it. My kids however, did not. But they are pretty picky.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >