Sweet sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and fresh basil are tossed with olive oil and pasta in this easy vegetarian dish. I like to make it in advance so the flavors have a chance to blend.—Jennifer Mento, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1 jar (6 ounces) pitted Greek olives, drained
- 3/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 3/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Additional grated Romano cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the olives, tomatoes, cheese, oil, capers, lime juice, pepper, pepper flakes and pepper sauce if desired; let stand for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add olive mixture and basil; toss to coat. Serve with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Greek Pasta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p78
Reviews for Greek Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review