Greek Orzo Salad
Tart and refreshing, this side salad is a big hit at Judy Roberts' Las Vegas, Nevada home. With all the tasty toppingsincluding red onion, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese and a zesty dressingyou'd never know it has just 7 grams of fat. "Tiny pasta called orzo gives it extra interest," Judy notes.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 12 pitted ripe or Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large serving
- bowl, toss orzo with 2 teaspoons oil.
- In another bowl, combine the onion, parsley, vinegar, oregano, salt,
- sugar, pepper and remaining oil; pour over orzo and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-24 hours. Just before serving, gently
- stir in tomatoes, cucumber, olives and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 120 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium,