Greek Orzo Chicken Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, broth, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Stir in the orzo, olives and raisins. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and feta cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken thigh with 1/2 cup orzo mixture: 391 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Greek Orzo Chicken
"Great recipe - i seasoned the thighs with salt and pepper before putting them into the slow cooker - if i had time i would have grilled or browned them a bit. I also added a teaspoon of chili flakes for a kick. I prefer to toast orzo in a bit of EVOO just to brown it - brings out a nutty flavour. Great recipe that I'll make again for sure!"
"Delicious. This is a recipe that we will make again."