Greek Orzo Chicken Recipe
Take your first bite and you’ll be on a dinner-table tour of the sunny Greek Isles. Sprinkle lemon zest on top to give it a little extra flair.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, broth, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Stir in the orzo, olives and raisins. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and feta cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Greek Orzo Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC