Take your first bite and you’ll be on a dinner-table tour of the sunny Greek Isles. Sprinkle lemon zest on top to give it a little extra flair.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, broth, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the orzo, olives and raisins. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and feta cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greek Orzo Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p30
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek Orzo Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2015
"Delicious. This is a recipe that we will make again."