Greek Orzo and Broccoli
This yummy recipe from Lillian Justis of Belleplain, New Jersey will be a welcome treat at dinnertime. The warm side dish delivers strong feta and olive flavors while red pepper flakes add a little spice.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water for 7 minutes. Add
- broccoli and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until pasta is tender;
- drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olives, feta cheese,
- Parmesan cheese and basil.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute almonds in oil for about 1 minute.
- Stir in red pepper flakes and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Stir in olive mixture; toss
- to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium,