This yummy recipe from Lillian Justis of Belleplain, New Jersey will be a welcome treat at dinnertime. The warm side dish delivers strong feta and olive flavors while red pepper flakes add a little spice.
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water for 7 minutes. Add broccoli and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until pasta is tender; drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olives, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute almonds in oil for about 1 minute. Stir in red pepper flakes and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Stir in olive mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greek Orzo and Broccoli in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p42
Reviews for Greek Orzo and Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review