- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water for 7 minutes. Add broccoli and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until pasta is tender; drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olives, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute almonds in oil for about 1 minute. Stir in red pepper flakes and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Stir in olive mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Greek Orzo and Broccoli
Sort By :
"Wonderful combination of flavors and textures!! When my 21 year old son was given the opportunity to have me cook his favorite meal, this dish was named as the side! He does prefer regular black olives over kalamata olives and that can easily be substituted with no detriment to the dish. He also does not like nuts so I left them out. As for cooking times, I would suggest cooking the orzo and broccoli for the SAME amount of time rather than "cooking the pasta 7 minutes" ahead---orzo is very tiny, like rice, and if cooked already 7 minutes first, by the time the broccoli is done at another 2-3 minutes, you have very mushy pasta and a less pleasing offering with regard to texture overall. Try this, especially if you like Greek-inspired food!"