Greek Meat Loaves Recipe
Flavored with sun-dried tomatoes and Greek olives, this twist on traditional meat loaf will be a hit, especially when served with a Greek salad and crusty bread. —Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and freeze one meat loaf for up to 3 months.
- 2. Bake remaining meat loaf, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. To use frozen meat loaf: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 loaves (6 servings each).
1 slice equals 254 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC