- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and freeze one meat loaf for up to 3 months.
- Bake remaining meat loaf, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate; sprinkle with cheese.
- To use frozen meat loaf: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 loaves (6 servings each).
Reviews for Greek Meat Loaves
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe and it's something I'll definitely be making again!"
"This recipe takes meat loaf to a whole new level! Our family is not always good about eating leftovers, but that was not a problem with this meal. I used extra lean ground beef, as I always do. Can't wait to serve the extra one we saved in the freezer!"
"just wondering why my comment is there with the worng name--and it says "lowtide" but it comes -it comes from me, Winna in Stafford, Ct. I LOVE this recipe!"
"Excellent flavor and texture---I made half a recipe and thought it the best meatloaf I've had in ages ! I put more sundried tomatos in then suggested...cooked 45 minutes....you HAVE to try this !"
"This meatloaf is so moist and what great flavor!! We will be having this again and again!! Baked it with the potatoes from the Grecian chicken and Potatoes Recipe ...outstanding!! thanks for sharing!"
"I have made this several times. Sometimes I use half ground beef and half ground venison. It comes out excellent either way."
"I made this recipe while my husband's parents were visiting. My Father in law discovered it while reading through an old stack of Taste Of Home magazines I've collected. We enjoyed it with very much along with a couple of Taste Of Home side dishes. When the meal was over my Mother in law commented that the meal was restaurant quality! Thank you for another fabulous and unique recipe."
"God help me ... I had three servings. This recipe is the bomb."
"Made this recipe tonight; my husband and I both loved it. I used half lamb and half beef. Yum. I froze one of the loaves to eat another time. I will be making this one again. Thank you for the wonderful recipe."
"At first I wasn't sure I'd like this with all the different ingredients but... it was really tasty. My family enjoyed the different twist to meat loaf."