- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and freeze one meat loaf for up to 3 months.
- Bake remaining meat loaf, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate; sprinkle with cheese.
- To use frozen meat loaf: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 loaves (6 servings each).
Reviews for Greek Meat Loaves
"This recipe takes meat loaf to a whole new level! Our family is not always good about eating leftovers, but that was not a problem with this meal. I used extra lean ground beef, as I always do. Can't wait to serve the extra one we saved in the freezer!"
"just wondering why my comment is there with the worng name--and it says "lowtide" but it comes -it comes from me, Winna in Stafford, Ct. I LOVE this recipe!"
"Excellent flavor and texture---I made half a recipe and thought it the best meatloaf I've had in ages ! I put more sundried tomatos in then suggested...cooked 45 minutes....you HAVE to try this !"
"This meatloaf is so moist and what great flavor!! We will be having this again and again!! Baked it with the potatoes from the Grecian Chicken and Potatoes Recipe ...outstanding!! thanks for sharing!"
"I have made this several times. Sometimes I use half ground beef and half ground venison. It comes out excellent either way."