Greek Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, tomatoes, beans, onion, olives, feta cheese, salt, pepper and garlic.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Stir before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 278 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Greek Macaroni Salad
"I can eat just this anytime! Jimmy not so much - hates feta cheese?"
"This salad is wonderfull. I have been making it for years. It is also my Mother-in-laws all time favorite"
"Very flavorful and delicious. Great replacement for salad with mayo dressing."
"Just made this salad, it's very good. However, I reduced salt to 1/2 teaspoon because feta is very salty and it was just right. I also reduced the olive oil to less than 1/4 cup and it didn't affect the end result."