Greek Macaroni Salad
I've found that I can't go wrong taking this colorful bean and pasta salad to a potluck, patio party or picnic. It is easy to put together ahead of time...and the flavors blend as the salad chills.
Arthurdale, West Virginia
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, tomatoes, beans,
- onion, olives, feta cheese, salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. Pour over salad; toss to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Stir before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 278 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.