Greek Macaroni Salad Recipe
I've found that I can't go wrong taking this colorful bean and pasta salad to a potluck, patio party or picnic. It is easy to put together ahead of time...and the flavors blend as the salad chills. -Cheryl Maczko Arthurdale, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, tomatoes, beans, onion, olives, feta cheese, salt, pepper and garlic.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Stir before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 278 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC