Greek Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the olives. Yield: 1 loaf.
One slice (prepared with fat-free milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and feta cheese) equals 114 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.