"My father and I love Greek food, so we developed this recipe that features feta cheese and olives," explains Melanie Parker of Gloucester, Ontario. "Zesty slices dress up any meal, and leftovers make great salad croutons.
- 1 cup milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the olives. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Greek Loaf in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p33
Reviews for Greek Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review