Greek Lemon Turkey Recipe
- 1 turkey (16 to 20 pounds)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup dried oregano
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 turkey-size oven roasting bag
- 5 large onions, quartered
- 6 large potatoes, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 5 medium carrots, quartered
- 1. Make several deep slits in the turkey; insert a garlic slice into each slit. Combine the oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper; rub over turkey. Place flour in oven bag and shake well. Place turkey in bag and close. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 2. Place oven bag in a roasting pan at least 2 in. deep. Add onions, potatoes and carrots to bag. Close bag with nylon tie provided (do not allow oven bag to hang over pan). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove turkey from bag. Let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Keep vegetables warm. Serve turkey and vegetables with drippings. Yield: 16-20 servings.
8 ounces cooked turkey equals 516 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 57 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Lemon Turkey
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer