- 1 turkey (16 to 20 pounds)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup dried oregano
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 turkey-size oven roasting bag
- 5 large onions, quartered
- 6 large potatoes, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 5 medium carrots, quartered
- Make several deep slits in the turkey; insert a garlic slice into each slit. Combine the oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper; rub over turkey. Place flour in oven bag and shake well. Place turkey in bag and close. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Place oven bag in a roasting pan at least 2 in. deep. Add onions, potatoes and carrots to bag. Close bag with nylon tie provided (do not allow oven bag to hang over pan). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove turkey from bag. Let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Keep vegetables warm. Serve turkey and vegetables with drippings. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Greek Lemon Turkey in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Greek Lemon Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2011