Greek Lemon Chicken
“This is one of my family's summertime favorites…and it's so easy and delicious,” writes Dawn Ellen from Bishopville, South Carolina. Hard to believe just 5 simple ingredients can add up to such great Mediterranean flavor!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/4 cups Greek vinaigrette, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium lemon, quartered
- 3 tablespoons sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pour 3/4 cup vinaigrette into a large resealable plastic bag; add
- chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn and baste with some
- of the reserved vinaigrette. Grill or broil 4-5 minutes longer or
- until a thermometer reads 165°, basting occasionally.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over chicken. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 366 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.