- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oregano, oil and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add lamb; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain lamb, discarding marinade in bag. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Lamb Kabobs in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Greek Lamb Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"It was just not the taste that I remember when I was in Greece. Maybe I just fixed it wrong"