- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oregano, oil and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add lamb; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain lamb, discarding marinade in bag. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Lamb Kabobs in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Greek Lamb Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"It was just not the taste that I remember when I was in Greece. Maybe I just fixed it wrong"