- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oregano, oil and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add lamb; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain lamb, discarding marinade in bag. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Greek Lamb Kabobs
Sort By :
It was just not the taste that I remember when I was in Greece. Maybe I just fixed it wrong