Greek Isle Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 1 tablespoon of the oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; brush with oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in the rosemary, pepper and lemon peel if desired. Spread over crust. Top with spinach and tomatoes.
- 3. Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice equals 328 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.