Greek Islands Steak Salad Recipe
I invented this recipe while watching a movie set on the Greek islands. I like the combination of warm grilled steak and sauteed mushrooms with cold salad ingredients. —Chris Wells, Lake Villa, Illinois
- 1 boneless beef top loin steak (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 10 pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Rub steak on both sides with steak sauce; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until golden brown. Add the sherry, salt and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until liquid is evaporated. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Divide salad greens between two plates. Top with tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onion, steak and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 509 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1281mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Greek Islands Steak Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC