Packed with flavorful power foods, this salad is as delicious as it is healthy and good for you. Served cold, it's perfect for picnics and outdoor gatherings. —Julie Stockel, Farmington Hills, Michigan
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, pitted and halved
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Greek or Italian salad dressing, divided
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, beans, cucumber, pepperoncini and olives. Pour 1/2 cup dressing over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, drizzle remaining dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p35
Reviews for Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review