- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, pitted and halved
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Greek or Italian salad dressing, divided
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, beans, cucumber, pepperoncini and olives. Pour 1/2 cup dressing over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, drizzle remaining dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad
Sort By :
"Delicious and very easy. Followed the recipe as written with the exception of using fresh spinach which worked perfectly. This recipe is definitely at the top of our list!"
"Thought this was really great! Will make again for sure."
"First time trying quinoa and I really liked this; my husband, who is the one who wanted to try it, just thought it was OK. I left out the olives because we don't like them and used fresh spinach, as suggested. The feta really came through strong, but I thought it was good like that."
"I can't believe I've got my husband eating quinoa. Since there's just 2 of us, I halve the quinoa and also substitute broccoli for the spinach. I use 1/4c jalepeno instead of pepperoncinis and add at one time 1/2c of either Newmans Greek or Annie's Organic Asiago or it has a tendency to dry out over the course of the week."
"Good stuff! This was my first try at quinoa, and it made it very approachable!"