Greek Herb Ratatouille Recipe
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano, tarragon and basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut vegetables into 1/4-in. thick slices.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the eggplant, zucchini, squash, tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic and seasonings; pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Greek Herb Ratatouille
Sort By :
I did enjoy this dish very much and shared it with friends who also enjoyed it. However, like several others, think with the herbs that were used it would be excellent using Feta Cheese instead of the Mozzarella. So, next time will try that.
I"d also like to see the Greek version. I imagine you add Feta Cheese to that :)
I haven't tried this yet
Very good and super easy, a terrific way to use all those summer squash. I think next time I might switch to feta instead of the mozzarella and perhaps a squeeze of lemon in the butter mix..