Greek Grilled Chicken Pitas Recipe
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Pour vinaigrette into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. If grilling the chicken, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Cut chicken into strips. Fill each pita half with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and cheese; drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
2 filled pita halves equals 428 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 801 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.