- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pour vinaigrette into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. If grilling the chicken, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Cut chicken into strips. Fill each pita half with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and cheese; drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Greek Grilled Chicken Pitas
Sort By :
"What I did different: I made my own vinaigrette with balsamic, garlic, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cut the chicken into strips before marinading, this way you can marinade for only ~ 2 hours. I added dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried thyme to marinade, added more salt and pepper (~ 2X), used arugula in the pita (yum), was really good, but still too bland, will definitely do this again, but next time more spice...especially salt!"
"These are so delicious !!! It's a bit of prep work, but well worth it"
"this was good but i added seasonings to the meat and vinegar dried onion- dried garlic - oregano - salt and pepper definitely will do this again - i also used flat pitas with no pockets they are just easier to manage those little half pitas make a mess"
"These are great! The tangy chicken with the cool cucumber sauce and fresh veggies with feta cheese is a taste explosion in your mouth. We added chopped avacado to ours as well. Everyone liked them adults and children as well."