“I switched up my mom’s recipe to create this tasty variation. It’s delicious and perfect for warm days. It takes advantage of fresh summer veggies and keeps my kitchen cool.” —Blair Lonergan, Rochelle, Virginia
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pour vinaigrette into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. If grilling the chicken, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Cut chicken into strips. Fill each pita half with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and cheese; drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Grilled Chicken Pitas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p35
Reviews for Greek Grilled Chicken Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review