Greek Grilled Catfish
Temperatures here on the Gulf Coast are moderate in winter, so we enjoy grilling out all year. My husband, Larry, came up with this recipe by experimenting. Our whole family likes the unique taste of this dish.
Rita Futral, Ocean Spring, Mississippi
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 catfish fillets (8 ounces each)
- Greek seasoning to taste
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sprinkle both sides of fillets with Greek seasoning. Sprinkle each
- fillet with 1 rounded tablespoon feta cheese and 1/2 teaspoon mint.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over each. Roll up fillets and secure with
- Grill over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Or, place fillets in a greased baking dish and bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 4-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat; also, 288 calories, 319 mg sodium, 115 mg cholesterol, 1 gm carbohydrate, 34 gm protein, 16 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.